- Over 25,000 physical albums sold in South Africa
- 13 singles playlisted on national radio
- 2009 South African Music Awards (SAMA) nominated (4) + winner for Best Rock Album (Collected Memories)
- 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) winner for Best Alternative (Collected Memories)
- 2011 SAMA nominated for Best Rock Album (The Inside)
- Opening act for The Killers (SA Tour), Oasis + Snow Patrol (Cokefest)
A lot has changed since Zebra & Giraffe released the SAMA-award winning album, Collected Memories. Members have come and gone and the band's sound has moved from straight-up, radio-hit rock to a place far darker and more daring
than even they could have imagined. Zebra & Giraffe's latest album, The Wisest Ones, is the result.
With Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, A Perfect Circle and Marilyn Manson having had a significant influence on the mood of the album, The Wisest Ones showcases Zebra & Giraffe's desire to experiment while continuing to solidify their roots as one of South Africa's most prominent alternative-rock groups.
The album's first single, 'I'll Blame You' comes after a string of chart-topping hits for the band. Having had 13 singles playlisted on national radio since their inception, seven from Collected Memories and six from The Inside, Zebra & Giraffe are ready for the next chapter. While the departure of drummer Darren Leader and bassist Andrew Maskell threw the remaining members off guard, it simultaneously gave Zebra & Giraffe the fresh start they needed to record a new album.
This year, Zebra & Giraffe will focus on achieving success on both local and international levels. With a local album launch tour planned for September this year, the band will also be heading to the USA in October and Europe in early 2013. The Wisest Ones will be available on iTunes worldwide and in music stores nationwide.